IT Product Development
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent is looking for bright and energetic individuals for the position of Business Analyst – Product Management
- Serve as a Business / Product Analyst on an Agile development team.
- Responsible for defining, documenting, and communicating requirements for Evolent’s enterprise Health Payer Service platform, including but not limited to Health Payer Data acquisition, data quality reporting, internal workflow management, and healthcare master data management.
- Gather, refine, and validate business requirements based on stakeholder input and market research.
- Translate business requirements into user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop and test new features and enhance existing functionality.
- Manage the intake of enhancements to ensure completeness of problem definition and feasibility of a solution within the existing platform.
- Prepare detailed requirements for the platform in close collaboration with system architects and development leads to design file formats, data flows, and data structures.
- Participate in issue/risk mitigation and creative solutioning to deliver within established time and resource constraints.
- Communicate effectively with relevant parties throughout all phases of development and surface project risks and changes to delivery timelines.
- Drive user system acceptance.
- Support creation of training and product documentation (release notes, user guides) to ensure user understanding of data and software features.
- Participate in established production support process, including reproduction of reported issue and gap analysis of actual and expected functionality
Key competencies/skill/success factors:
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks to successful completion.
- Must be a team player that is assertive, passionate, and goal oriented.
- Passionate about and interested in exploring the application of new and emerging technologies to meet business needs.
- Proven track record in establishing strong relationships with teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Should be able to drive the grooming meetings.
- Should be in sync with the PO to understand the priorities of the User stories and be able to give inputs in the Planning meetings. Even act as a PO in case of their absence
- Work with the UI/UX Team members to come up with the Mock-ups and workflows where needed.
- Microsoft Office experience (Excel, MS Word, Visio)
Qualification and Experience:
- 3 + years in US healthcare IT and/or 2+ years of IT business analyst experience.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in a technical field.
- 4+ years in US Healthcare IT with 2+ years of IT business analyst and/or product management experience.
- Knowledge of healthcare data formats, e.g., HL7s, ADTs, 837s is a plus.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies (Scrum, SAFe, Kanban).
- Prior experience with systems/process integration in the healthcare industry.
- Experience writing product documentation (release notes, user guides).
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence or similar tools
- CCBA or CBAP certification