Technical Customer Service Applications Support, Specialist
CSO CC 125
# of years of required experience:
Shift position will be required to work (if applicable):
Please specify shift time
US hours 8:00 am -5:00 pm, Central Time Zone preferred
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org, and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health (EVH) is seeking a highly motivated Technical Customer Service Applications Support, Specialist to be a key member of our Customer Service Organization (CSO) team. Reporting to the Senior Director - Customer Service Domain Technical Lead (DTL), this individual will play a critical role in executing Evolent Health’s mission by working closely with CSO and technical team members to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and implement, manage, and maintain application solutions to meet EVH’s Contact Center and Customer Service Operations (CSO) business objectives.
This position leverages exceptional technical, analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills within a customer service and contact center environment. This role will provide technical expertise to the CSO and external Partners. The work environment is fast paced and provides excellent developmental opportunities.
• Become a Technical SME on CSO related applications, systems, and tools (i.e. NICE inContact, Customer Relationship Management – CRM, Portal, etc.) Represent the CSO in technology related discussions.
• Build positive working relationships with the CSO, IT, Telecom and related systems support teams for the development, maintenance, usage, and monitoring of hardware and software systems.
• Develop strategies and recommendations for the appropriate technology solutions that create efficiencies and support the CSO in providing a world class customer experience.
• Analyze Partner implementation requests and business requirements and identify any technology gaps. Participate in evaluating any new technology offerings.
• Identify project complexity from a technical perspective, such as, estimated resources required and project duration. Work collaboratively with multiple internal and external groups (across multiple locations) to complete projects.
• Understand, plan, and adhere to the EVH IT and vendor applications standard software development lifecycle processes used within the various systems development organizations. Actively participate in the entire project and implementation lifecycle with IT, Telecom, CSO, and Partners.
• Coordinate with the CSO, IT, Telecom, and Partners to develop and manage testing support for technology updates and implementations including: developing test plans, defining test use cases / scenarios, defining expected testing results, conducting quality acceptance testing, documenting / evaluating results and addressing any issues.
• Collaborate with Training & Development and CSO leaders on any related applications, systems, and tools training materials.
• As a first point of contact for the CSO, provide support and troubleshoot issues for CS applications, systems, and tools (i.e. NICE inContact infrastructure). Gather required information from the CSO, assist with tracking, escalating, and collaborating with teams such as, IT or Telecom, to recommend and complete corrective actions that reach timely issue resolution. Perform root cause analysis and share with the CSO.
• Identify inconsistencies and recommend modifications, additions, etc. to CS applications and tools to improve the complete customer experience.
• Develop relevant technical documentation and common issue troubleshooting materials for the CSO.
• Conduct ongoing maintenance activities, updates, and proactive health checks of the CSO applications, systems, and tools.
• As requested, produce system and applications reporting and provide recommendations on improvements.
• Meet with the CSO / Partners to create new business use cases and technical requirements. Understand the ongoing issues that that they are trying to solve.
• Manage multiple requests simultaneously and effectively; prioritize work to meet all deadlines under tight time constraints.
• Ability to be flexible with schedule. Provide support off hours and weekend as needed.
• Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
• Associates Degree or equivalent in Information Technology systems or related field, or equivalent years of experience required; Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology systems or related field, or equivalent years of experience preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting. The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.