No of yrs. of exp
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org, and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
The SQL Developer will be a member of Evolent Health’s technology leadership team and will play a crucial role responsible for architecting and developing technical processes around data management to ensure success in terms of both revenue and timely release of current and next generation products and capabilities. The Software Engineer, Database Development must be both operationally minded and strategic, for this position is responsible for executing the development of, and for driving the direction of capabilities to be competitive in the market and serve the diverse needs of Evolent Health’s clients. This position will interface with virtually every element of the business and as a result, the individual who fills this position will need to be able to work well in a cross-functional and matrixed organization and be able to be both responsive to needs and thoughtful and directive in supporting and implementing the organization’s Product capabilities.
- Lead the development of data retrieval and data management for Evolent Health. Responsible for ensuring that the data assets of an organization are aligned with the organization in achieving its strategic goals. The architecture should cover databases, data integration and the means to get to the data
- Create logical and physical data models that support both opportunity assessment and population management initiatives
- Program in MS SQL server T-SQL and other related language to support application development around opportunity assessment and population health management initiatives
- Understand analytics and stratification as related to Evolent’s business model
- Let an application development IT shop run through the requirement, design, development, QA SDLC cycles with a focus on relational database technologies
- Lead aspects of our services based solutions and internal applications to ensure consistency, quality, architectural integrity, scalability, and availability
- Hands-on in designing and development of software solutions and software requirements related core components, foundational frameworks and SOA based services
- Help to resolve questions of program intent, software requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls
- Collaborates with team and business owners in the development and/or execution of all types of software development considering the objectives of the organization
- Participate in the full systems life cycle with solution design, development, implementation, and product support using scrum and other agile methodologies
- Maintain source-code repository, and participate in deployment of code into production
- Help explore and implement new technologies. Provides thought leadership in the areas of strategy and technology
- Develop software using known best practices with test driven development
- Participate in development process improvements of our continuous integrations’ services
- Communicates the status and forecasting of these projects to the internal clients through a variety of methods including project status reports
- Researches competitive online marketing presence/campaigns and maintains a pulse on industry trends and systems; bringing forth ideas that embrace emerging technology/executions and innovative ideas
- Produces and implements visual enhancements to existing designs as needed
- Bachelor's Degree required